The Staple Wardrobe Piece | Fashion

The Staple Wardrobe Piece | Fashion

Staple wardrobe pieces are those fashion items that you legit can’t get rid of. They work oh so well with all your other items that are rammed into the wardrobe, and it makes you feel that great that you never EVER bloody let go. Trust me on that one, I’ve held on to some ‘shockers’ for a long time. Even when i’ve gained a lil’ weight I’m like “Next Summer this will look fit as on me”. Totally turns out it doesn’t…..But you know what- with those staple pieces comes style and body happiness, and who doesn’t want a bit of that?!

This chilly Autumn/ Winter, checked coat & jackets are all the rage and being an absolute blazer fiend It was only right that I snapped one up too. Yeah, I know I can be a generic fashion follower too, but when a blazer is this bangin’ then i’d be proper stupid to not snap it up. So, without rambling on too much about this beaut blazer, i thought I’d let the cheesy/ slightly awkward photo’s do the talkin’.

See below for just how I styled up this blazer of dreams, against the backdrop of my new gaff. ‘Real’ Fashion blogger goals right there, eh.

Shop the post:

Checked(tweed) blazer- ASOS

Black denim skinnies- M&S, Similar here

White tee- Missguided

Black pom pom mules- EGO, Similar here

Gold necklace, H&M

-Are you a proper lover of the checked jacket trend?

x Em x

To catch up on previous posts see below:

After Summer Style Crisis What To Wear To A Baby Shower | What To Wear To A Wedding

9 Comments

1. October 9, 2017 / 9:18 pm

I love how you’ve styled this! This jacket is so timeless and the shoes look fab with it too!

• emma
      October 10, 2017 / 9:27 pm

Thanks! I’m totally OBSESSED with it, and because it’s over-sized it works on those ‘fat’ days too x

2. October 9, 2017 / 9:23 pm

Bloody love this blazer Emma!!! Also I am lovingggg your new blog layout – first time I’ve seen it and is soooo chic!!!

Laura x

• emma
      October 10, 2017 / 9:27 pm

Hahaha thanks! Thought I needed to change it up a bit 🙂 Saw you’re doing Vlogging- good on ya’. I’m going to go have a nosy now xx

3. October 9, 2017 / 9:23 pm

PS. Also love the shoes hehe xx

• emma
      October 10, 2017 / 9:28 pm

Thanks lovely- definitely recommend getting one! xx

4. October 10, 2017 / 7:23 pm

I love the bit about clinging onto items from last year’s wardrobe despite them not fitting! Trust me, this summer I had a meltdown over my shorts not even going over my knees. Life. But yet, I’ve kept them for next time. I definitely need to invest in some staple piece for autumn. My wishlist is literally worth a small deposit on a house, so I need to have a think about what I actually need – and to be honest, I feel a blazer is up there with the must-haves! 🙂

• emma
      October 10, 2017 / 9:28 pm

Oh God yes- I’m always clinging onto items, especially thinking I’ll fit into them next year or ‘when I’ve lost some weight’ haha. Do invest in a blazer, you won’t go back! x